Saturday, January 22, 2011

Benedict, but not Julia

I was all excited because I accidently found an entry on Benedict Crowell (husband of Julia Crowell)  in the encyclopedia of Cleveland history.  It cited its source as the Benedict Crowell file at the Western Reserve Historical Society.  So the next available moment, I was at WRHS library asking for the Crowell file.  I had just a limited time (lunch hour at work), so I decided to look at the picture file thinking there'd be a wedding picture.  There was NOTHING with Julia.  It was all military.  I feel unreasonablely grumble-some over it.  The librarien suggested that I contact the Cobb family (JC's maden name).  They are a prominent family - still around - may have something.  That may be - but it would be in a collateral line.  I may someday, when I get time.  I'm still chasing down Kirbys and Oviatts.

No comments:

Post a Comment